I work with various different piano and vocal study programs for the perfect fit with each of my students depending upon their level of proficiency, learning goals and how they are able to learn and comprehend the various musical and technical concepts. We learn something new each week and I adapt the music to the student’s interest. Specialize in Jazz and Classical and teach all levels from beginners to advanced.
BA Music Theory and Composition from Rutgers College.
MS from Montclair in Music Composition,
Jazz Studies with Kenny Baron. Composition Studies with Nicholas Rousakis, Frank Foster, Noel DaCosta.
Member Music Educators National Association.
Member Jersey Shore Music Educators Association
I am an experienced lifelong pianist. I work professionally as a solo pianist, church organist, choir director, piano teacher, composer and arranger. I am experienced in most styles of music including, classical, jazz, pop, gospel, broadway, rock.
I develop an individual leaning path for each of my students so they can achieve their music goals. I use many different piano teaching methods and am not bound by any particular one. Depending upon my students level and goals I will supplement the methods books with pieces that interest the student.
Depending upon the student lessons we will work on several areas designed to improve the students understanding of music and playing the piano.
1. How to practice efficiently,
2. Improving technique.
3. Weekly songs and pieces to learn.
4. Long range major works which will take several months to master
5. Sight reading
7. Music theory,harmony, rhythm and melody, which can be applied to all styles of music, popular song, classical, jazz, etc
8. Understanding of music styles and composers
How much time we spend in each area will be determined by the students level and goals.
- Kawaii Professional Studio Upright
- Steinway Professional Studio Upright
- Yamaha Digital Practice Piano
- Yamaha PS-1500 Arranger Keyboard
- Logic Pro 9 Recording Software
- JV-1010 Synth Module
- Roland VK-8M Organ Module
- E-MU Hamond B3 Module
- Focusrite 6i6 Audio Interface
- JBL Studio Monitors
- Macbook Pro
- Each student must have a suitable weighted keyboard or piano at home for practice.
- Jazz, Pop, Broadway and other Popular Forms
- Songwriting and Arranging
- Accompanying yourself or another singer on the piano
- Developing a performance repertoire.
- Technique Development
Multi-talented music professional for the past 15 years and for the past 10 years has been committed to teaching guitar and music technology by providing a solid education and instilling music appreciation in all my students. Proven ability for tailoring lessons to meet students’ diverse needs and capture their interest and imagination. Compassionate and inspiring while maintaining motivated and well disciplined environment where each student has recognition and acknowledgment and, therefore, success. Having extensive Apple computer recording experience, technology is integrated where applicable within the lessons with GarageBand, Logic Pro and Pro Tools. Trustworthy instructor with exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to cultivate strong relationships with students.
- Evaluates students’ interests, aptitudes and characteristics to
- Determine suitable instruction for beginners
- Individualized instructional plans: theory, lessons using technical
- Knowledge, planned teaching techniques
- Technology integration with 10 years extensive Apple digital audio
- Computer recording experience
- Creative lesson plan development
- Student motivation
- Musicianship skills
- Performance assessment
Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA
Musicians Institute, Hollywood, CA
Spotlighted in Guitar World Magazine. A song in the opening credits of the movie “Thin Ice” (2012) starring Greg Kinnear and Oscar winner Alan Arkin and in the new film, “Geography Club” (2014) starring Nikki Blonsky (Hairspray) and Alex Newell (Glee). Songs also featured on TV including Showtime, E! Entertainment, TLC/Discovery Channel and VH1. Actor/singer Uriah Shelton from the A&E’s”The Glades” recorded a song Chris wrote. Chris has performed hundreds of shows as a professional guitarist including performing at The Cutting Room in NYC. Received a mastering credit for “Ella Fitzgerald Sings Irving Berlin” while working for Universal Music Group as a production engineer. Played Brookdale Community College’s annual guitar show two years in a row.